It feels like a very long time since 20th March when we had to close our doors due to Covid 19 and we are now counting down the days until we can welcome you back to the Royal Oak on Monday 6th July.
We are aware that people come to pubs to relax and socialise and get together with friends and loved ones, but the world has changed since the doors were last closed & while we hope to maintain a relaxed environment, we must ask all our customers to appreciate this is a small business and we will endeavour to accommodate everyone where possible. We have to look after ourselves and our staff as well as you our customers before anything else but we will try our very best to make sure the changes put in place are as unimposing as possible. To achieve this we request you follow our very simple guidelines to make sure everyone remains safe and well.
• Always follow social distancing guidelines as stated by the government.
• Provide us with your contact details to comply with government guidelines.
• Follow the one way system at all times.
• Children must remain at the bench where their family are located.
• One person only from each group to go to the bar or food servery at one time.
• All disposable rubbish to be left in bins provided.
• Bathroom facilities to be used at your own discretion.
• Show respect for everyone using the pub and all staff.
These guidelines will be located at the entrance to the pub garden as well as on benches throughout the garden.
If you have any questions or concerns please, as safely as possible, make yourself known to a member of management where we will be happy to help you.
Initially the food offering we will be serving will be a reduced menu as well as a selection of snacks. This decision was made to keep contact between staff and customers at a minimum and reduce queuing time as to begin with there will be no table service.
Continuing our current policy we will not be taking bookings. Tables will be taken on a first come first served basis and we ask that you politely respect this if no tables are available immediately upon arrival.
Our core opening hours will be
Mon - Thursday 10 – 8.00pm
Fri - Sunday 10 – 9.00pm
We will serve hot drinks from an outside servery from 10 am and the bar will open for drinks from 11am Monday to Saturday and 12 pm on Sunday.
These hours are subject to change depending on weather and safety for all our staff and customers.
• We ask where possible for contactless payments to be used however appreciate this isnt always possible and we can take cash payments if necessary
Everything we do will be reviewed on a weekly basis so that we can make improvements or changes where necessary.
We thank you for your support and hope you will join us in this new adventure as we reopen into the unknown but, please know that we will always be the Royal Oak.
The Royal Oak, Fritham, Lyndhurst SO43 7HJ, UK
023 8081 2606